Books will be available for pickup from December 18 Through January 15 at Eastbrook church.
This book will focus on three key topics including:
- Plot overview
- Character Analysis
- Important Quotation Analysis
Quote to be Analyzed:
There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one’s own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn’t, but if he was sane he would have to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn’t have to; but if he didn’t want to he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle. “That’s some catch, that Catch-22,” he observed. “It’s the best there is,” Doc Daneeka agreed.Joseph Helller – Catch 22
Questions to answer as you read through:
- What is the name of the nurse with whom Yossarian sleeps?
- What happens on the mission for which Yossarian receives a medal?
- What is the name of the dead man in Yossarian’s tent?
- To which country does Yossarian decide to desert?
- For what publication was Hungry Joe a photographer before the war?
- From which publication does Colonel Cathart get the idea of praying before missions?
- What did Major Major Major Major’s mother intend to name him?
- When Major Major gets bored of signing Washington Irving’s name, what other name does he use?
- Which member of the squadron is an expert at Ping-Pong?
- What is the name of the man who hides out in the woods because he is afraid of having his throat cut?
- Which city does the squadron bomb when Yossarian refuses to participate?
- Why will Luciana and Yossarian not get married?
- Which of the following does Yossarian see as he wanders through Rome?
- What is Kid Sampson doing when he gets sliced in half?
- How many people parachute to safety before McWatt crashes his plane into a mountain?
- Where did Doc Daneeka practice medicine before being drafted?
- Who does Yossarian pretend to be in the hospital?
- Which holiday does Yossarian spend in the hospital?
- What do Yossarian’s new roommates do with the dead man’s things?
- What does the Texan argue that “decent folk” should receive?
- What improvement does Orr make to Yossarian’s tent just before he disappears?
- Why won’t Aarfy pay for any prostitutes?
- Which of Yossarian’s friends is still alive at the end of Catch-22?
- Where does the chaplain live?
- How does Hungry Joe die?