Books will be available for pickup at the start of March.
This book will focus on three key topics including:
- Plot overview
- Character Analysis
- Important Quotation Analysis
Quote to be Analyzed:
He was not the same. The plane passing changed him, the disappointment cut him down and made him new. He was not the same and would never be again like he had been. That was one of the true things, the new things. And the other one was the he would not die, he would not let death in again.Gary Paulsen – Hatchet
Questions to answer as you read through:
- Who gave Brian the hatchet?
- How did the pilot of the plane die?
- What was “the secret” to which Brian’s thoughts often wander?
- What happened during Brian’s car ride with his mother from the city to meet the plane?
- What was Brian’s father’s job?
- What was the purpose of Brian’s trip to the Canadian woods?
- How did Brian’s father feel about the divorce?
- What led to Brian’s eventual rescue?
- Why does Brian suddenly realize that he may be out there in the woods for longer than he had anticipated?
- When Brian has to fly the plane himself after the pilot’s heart attack, what prior experience helps him?
- What were Brian’s thoughts on the plane ride?
- Where did Brain decide was the best place to land the plane?
- What did Brian see on a bike ride with his friend Terry?
- What is the first food that Brian finds in the woods?
- Where did Brian see a bear?
- What kind of animal hurt Brian?
- Who appeared in Brian’s dream to show him how to make a fire?
- What kind of eggs does Brian find to eat?
- What tool did Brian have to reinvent?
- After a plane flies overhead and does not spot him, by which method does Brian try to kill himself?
- Why does Brian take four baths a day at a certain point?
- What was sticking out of the water after the big storm?
- How did Brian get out to the plane in the middle of the lake?
- What happened when Brian was trying to cut into the side of the plane?
- How did Brian feel about the rifle he finds in the survival pack?