Books will be available for pickup at the start of June.
This book will focus on three key topics including:
- Plot overview
- Character Analysis
- Important Quotation Analysis
Quote to be Analyzed:
You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.Harper Lee – To Kill a Mockingbird
Questions to answer as you read through:
- What is Scout’s real name?
- What is the verdict in the Tom Robinson case?
- Whose house burns down?
- Who is the editor of the local newspaper?
- Who insists that Bob Ewell’s death is an accident?
- What is Boo’s real name?
- What does Scout first find in the knot-hole?
- What does Dill find in Dolphus Raymond’s bottle?
- Why does Atticus admire Mrs. Dubose?
- Who founded Finch’s Landing?
- How did Miss Caroline learn her educational techniques?
- Who is the president of the United States at the time that the events of the story occur?
- Who tells Jem that it is a sin to kill mockingbirds?
- Where does Dill live during the school year?
- On what writer did Harper Lee base Dill?
- Who tucks Scout in at the end of the novel?
- Who beat Mayella Ewell?
- Whose actions lead Mr. Cunningham to disperse the lynch mob?
- How old is Jem when the action of the novel starts?
- What are Jem and Scout shocked to discover about Atticus?
- Who takes the children to the black church?
- Where does Boo leave presents for Scout and Jem?
- Who mends Jem’s pants?
- Who runs away from home?
- For what does Uncle Jack reprimand Scout on Christmas Eve?