Books will be available for pickup at the start of April.
This book will focus on three key topics including:
- Plot overview
- Character Analysis
- Important Quotation Analysis
Quote to be Analyzed:
John Galt is Prometheus who changed his mind. After centuries of being torn by vultures in payment for having brought to men the fire of the gods, he broke his chains—and he withdrew his fire—until the day when men withdraw their vultures.Ayn Rand – Atlas Shrugged
Questions to answer as you read through:
- What kind of company does Dagny Taggart run?
- What does the rhetorical question “Who is John Galt?” express?
- What does Hank Rearden invent?
- Who is the most powerful man in Washington?
- Why did Lillian marry Hank Rearden?
- Why do Dagny and Rearden drive to the Twentieth Century Motor Company?
- How does Dagny find a good engineer to reconstruct the static engine?
- Why does Dagny become Galt’s maid in the valley?
- How does Rearden know Dagny has fallen in love with another man?
- What is the intent of Directive 10-289?
- According to Francisco, what has replaced the Aristocracy of Money?
- Why did Francisco remain as head of d’Anconia Copper?
- Why is Eddie Willers troubled to see Rearden’s robe in Dagny’s apartment?
- What formula does Ragnar Danneskjold use to determine how much to deposit in his accounts for the victimized industrialists?
- Why is the John Galt Line closed down?
- What job has John Galt been doing all along?
- Which ships does Ragnar Danneskjold sink?
- Why did Richard Halley quit?
- What is the Wet Nurse’s real name?
- Who is John Galt?
- How does Mr. Thompson find John Galt?
- How does the Ferris Persuader work?
- What does Jim Taggart finally realize he is motivated by?
- Which of Halley’s concertos is played throughout the strikers’ valley?
- Why does John Galt address the nation on the radio?